From TVL to fee accrual, The Chopping Block crew discusses which DeFi metrics are still useful and which are useless as the market adapts to changing conditions.
Posted September 30, 2023 at 7:00 am EST.
Welcome to The Chopping Block – where crypto insiders Haseeb Qureshi, Tom Schmidt, Tarun Chitra, and Robert Leshner chop it up about the latest news. This week, the group sits down to discuss why U.S. crypto conferences are quieter than they have been in the past, which DeFi metrics are still useful for measuring a changing market, and advice for NFT founders on how to continue to innovate.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, TuneIn, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform.
- Why Tarun says that the U.S. is “dead as a doorknob” for crypto for crypto conferences
- Main takeaways from recent crypto conferences such as Token2049 in Singapore and Permissionless in Austin
- How the metrics in DeFi keep changing, and which ones still have merit
- What are “chart crimes” and the gang’s advice for entrepreneurs pitching to VCs
- Why Haseeb doesn’t think that token economics are as useful as everyone thinks
- The Stoner Cat settlement with the SEC and how it impacts the broader conversation about whether NFTs are securities
- Legal drama between the co-founders of the Milady NFT project
- Advice for NFT founders on how to achieve success in a changing market
DeFi and metrics: